Monday, October 2, 2017

Last of the Roses.......

As I said earlier, we've been away for a few weeks, to Maine and Nova Scotia, trying to find some fall weather.  We were unsuccessful,  but enjoyed the change of beautiful scenery and wonderful fresh seafood!  Our daughter-in-law wondered if we would turn into lobsters, we ate so much of it!

As I always do after taking that much time off, I have a hard time getting back into creating.  So for these first few days I've been using materials that are no-brainers, and practically make a card themselves, like these amazing Altenew floral dies.  I paired them with some Doodlebug cardstock to allow me to use 3 shades of this corally pink, and made the leaves a darker green than I usually use.....I like the results!


supplies: ivory cardstock, Altenew Fantasy Florals dies, 3 different corals/pinks and a yellow from Doodlebug Rainbow Textured cardstock collection and an unknown dark green for the leaves, sentiment from Hero Arts Hello Sunshine Daisies, Winnie & Walter Audrey's Cutaways stitched scalloped rectangle die, Doodlebug enamel hearts sprinkles

This time I used some thin foam adhesive to separate the 3 layers of the roses from each other, and after arranging them I just added a sweet sentiment and some hearts that match perfectly in color, thanks to them both being Doodlebug products!  I was trying to recreate our knockout Rainbow roses, which are still blooming.

5 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Lin - just bought these dies - must get going and use them!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great colors on your rose duo, Lin! Just love the enamel hearts too!!

Lisa Elton said...

You say no brainer, I say beautiful!!

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous card Lin. I know how you feel after being away... it won't take long for the Mojo to came back from vacation!

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful Lin, and I would never have thought that you had run out of mojo, or that your mojo had run out on you!
Blessings
Maxine