Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Simon Says..........Masculine

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


We have a fun theme this week - Masculine, and we're playing with Tim Holtz goodies.  You don't need to use them to enter, but if you have any, we'd love to see how you use them!  And since our Monday challenge has the same theme this week, you can enter your card into both challenges if you'd like, and get 2 chances to win!

I must confess that I thought I'd have a hard time with this one, but in actuality I had a blast putting it together!


supplies: white card base, Tim Holtz idea-ology corrugated cardboard from Textured Surfaces,  Alpha Tile, Menagerie paper pad, sticker sentiment from Small Talk, Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Robot 1 wood stamp, metal sheet, silver brads for eyes, metal button, washers from DH's workshop, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle die

I used a light and a medium grey paper to stamp the image, then cut out the light robot and paper-pieced it back onto the medium panel, which had been die-cut with a wonky stitch.  Then I used anything silver I could find to accessorize him.  The panel was then attached to a silver metal sheet, and that went onto the corrugated cardboard background.  The "R" and the sticker sentiment went on last.

Here's a closer shot to show you some of the fun details I added:


Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I am super impressed by your innovative robot design, Lin!! AWESOME work as always! Hope you are having a great day! :)

Tracy Freeman said...

So much fun Lin not surprised you had a blast, love it x

Lorraine A said...

Love this card Lin :-) the robot is very cute and the metallic elements and masculine colours are fabulous, love the corrugated texture too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stephanie said...

Lin!! This is positively FABULOUS! So clever, I love every detail!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool robot, Lin, and perfect with the corrugated card!!

Monika Reeck said...

I see your DT card and wooow you are so creative to added many element there and the corrugated paper is perfecto wooooww
I love this boys or manly card from you
I just joined Simon Says too see you maybe on my Manly card Lin
happy Wednesday
hugs
Monika

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN is this card!! Love all of the texture and elements you added to this. Everything flows together perfectly!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this card Lin, with the metallics and the texture
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Awesome card Lin. Perfect one for the boys!