Monday, June 12, 2017

Heart Mandala

Here's a card using Simon's brand spankin' new Heart Mandala stencil from their Cherished Collection........I bought it because I love lace, and there are hearts in it!


supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Simon's Heart Mandala stencil, broken china distress oxide ink, Simon's Thankful Heart sentiment, VersaFine onyx black and Simon clear embossing powder, Simon's Stitched Circle die, white pearls

I first dry embossed the stencil, then inked through it with my favorite color of the new distress oxides.  The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum, then cut into a circle, and the glue was covered with pearls to hide any residue (but there really wasn't any that I could see).  I liked the way the pearls looked with the lace, so I added some smaller ones, following the design.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you're having a great day!

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous mandala, Lin, and I love all the pearls!!

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, what a beauty! Must add this one to my wish list, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

So elegant and lovely Lin!!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Lin - the embossed stencil gives the inking just another level of stunning!! The pearls are the perfect accent
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Lin, this is gorgeous, and I love the stencil design with the beautiful shade of blue!! We sure love our blues, don't we? :) And I love the pearls as accents and love the sentiment in vellum. You sure are an enabler! Hehe! Hugs! xoxo

Cat Craig said...

So pretty Lin, and that shade of blue is gorgeous.

Julie K. said...

This is so pretty! This is probably a stupid question, but when you say, "I first dry embossed the stencil, then inked through it with my favorite color of the new distress oxides." I don't quite get it. You embossed with a stencil. I get that part. But then how did you "ink through it?" Do you mean you left the stencil on and applied ink at that point? So the paper was blue and the ink was white?

Lin said...

Yes, Julie, I let the stencil remain while I applied ink (broken china distress oxide) to the white card. Not a stupid question!