Monday, March 6, 2017

Wishing You Joy

The challenge this time at the new Flower Challenge is Anything Goes.  I love these challenges where I am not limited to products, so I pulled out an old but retired favorite.  I was inspired by an episode of HGTV: a grey couch that had pillows of purples and blues.


supplies: white and smoke grey cardstock, (retired) Technique Tuesday Two Steppin' stamps, Altenew inks in Persian Blue, Deep Iris, and Puffy Heart, and Forest Glades, Simon Sending & Wishing sentiment, Sparkling Clear sequins

I don't think I've ever used a grey background, but it's a nice change, isn't it?  This set includes an outline stamp plus a stamp that will add color to the inner petals of the flower.  Since they were mounted against a grey background instead of my usual white, I wanted to color in the remainder of the petals.  Because these Altenew inks are water-based, I was able to squiggle them on an acrylic block, spritz them with water, and use them to color in the outer petals.

I hope your week is off to a great start!


7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your florals on the grey panel, Lin - great combo!!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely colors with the gray card base. This is very PRETTY Lin!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. What a great colour combo.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Lin: Love the look and colors of this beautiful sketchy flowers, they really stand out against the gray background of your card base.
Love how you added a bit of bling to the centers of the flowers with sequences, fabulous detail.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card Lin, I like the sound of your inspiration too!

Cat Craig said...

Love that background, the colors pop nicely.

Aileen said...

I dont know why but I thought I had commented on your beautiful card before. Maybe I left before making sure the comment registered. Beautiful card love the colours of the flowers with this background. The grey really makes them stand out perfectly. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT